Hebrew School Project
Welcome to the Hebrew School Project (HSP)
Come feel at home in the HSP community, where we serve families with children in Kindergarten through 7th grade, in addition to our Madrichim Internship Program. Our goal is to nurture our students and give them well-rounded knowledge of Jewish values and tradition in a way that children find engaging and fun. The experience we offer our students combines spirituality, Jewish literacy, and a deep relationship to Jewish heritage.
We are excited to share this video created for JCP by Heschel High School interns, Zach Stecker and Daniel Fischer. Take a look for a wonderful glimpse into our HSP program and community.
At HSP, students will:
- Study Hebrew and Torah
- Celebrate Jewish life
- Participate in community service
- Engage in prayer and song
- Explore Jewish values
- Learn Synagogue skills
Each week, we update our online Class Pages with an update on the week’s activities and photos of the students and teachers in action. Click here to read sample Class Pages from this year.
To strengthen in-class learning, students participate in offsite excursions and, together with their families, participate in Center for Jewish Life (CJL) events including Friday Night Lights Shabbat services and dinners, as well as Tzedakah Sunday community service activities.
During the 2014-2015 school year, classes will meet at the following times:
- Kindergarten will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM.
- First Grade will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM.
- Second Grade will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades will meet on Mondays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- The Sixth and Seventh Grades will meet on Mondays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM plus additional program options.
Our online registration includes two forms: a Payment Form and a Student Information form. Both forms must be submitted for your registration to be complete.
- Enrollment opens on March 10th and continues through July 1st.
- Register by May 15th and receive a $150 early enrollment discount.
- Register from May 16th – July 1st and receive a $50 enrollment discount.
- July 1st marks the end of registration. After this date, full tuition applies and enrollment is at the discretion of the school.
- Enroll two or more children and receive a $100 sibling discount.
- Families in JCP Kehillah receive a tuition reduction of $400 per family. Kehillah is a way to connect more closely to your community at JCP. Click here to learn more about Kehillah.
- July 1st – Deadline for registration submission
- After July 1st – Applications submitted after this date will be charged a late penalty fee of $100, in addition to which tuition must be paid. After July 1st, enrollment is at the discretion of the school.
Applications for Financial Aid should be requested from Rachel Smith at 212-334-3522 or email@example.com. Please note that Financial Aid applications are held in strict confidence. Applications must be returned by June 1, 2014.
To learn more about the program, contact Sima Green at 212-334-3522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about registration, contact Rachel Smith at 212-334-3522 or email email@example.com.