Hebrew School Project
Welcome to the Hebrew School Project (HSP)
Come feel at home in the HSP community, where we serve families with children in Pre K through 7th grade, in addition to our Madrichim Internship Program. Our goal is to nurture our students and give them well-rounded knowledge of Jewish values and tradition in a way that children find engaging and fun. The experience we offer our students combines spirituality, Jewish literacy, and a deep relationship to Jewish heritage.
At HSP, students will:
- Study Hebrew and Torah
- Celebrate Jewish life
- Participate in community service
- Engage in prayer and song
- Explore Jewish values
- Learn Synagogue skills
Each week, we update our online Class Pages with an update on the week’s activities and photos of the students and teachers in action. Click here to read sample Class Pages from last year.
To strengthen in-class learning, students participate in offsite excursions and, together with their families, participate in Center for Jewish Life (CJL) events including Friday Night Lights Shabbat services and dinners, as well as Tzedakah Sunday community service activities. We are excited to invite you to join JCP Kehillah, a great new way to get closer to JCP. Click here to learn more.
During the 2014-2015 school year, classes will meet at the following times:
- HSP Juniors: A Pre K Hebrew School Program meets on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- Kindergarten will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM.
- First Grade will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM.
- Second Grade will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades will meet on Mondays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- The Sixth and Seventh Grades will meet on Mondays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM plus additional program options.
- Enroll two or more children and receive a $100 sibling discount.
- Families in JCP Kehillah receive a tuition reduction of $400 per family. Kehillah is a way to connect more closely to your community at JCP. Click here to learn more about Kehillah.
- July 1st – Deadline for registration submission
- After July 1st – Applications submitted after this date will be charged a late penalty fee of $100, in addition to which tuition must be paid. After July 1st, enrollment is at the discretion of the school.
Applications for Financial Aid should be requested from Sima Green at 212-334-3522 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Financial Aid applications are held in strict confidence. Applications must be returned by June 1, 2014.
To learn more, contact Sima Green at 212-334-3522 or email email@example.com.