Welcome to our Preschool!
The Early Childhood Center’s preschool typically serves children ages 2-5.5 years. Our classrooms are designed to include a balance of structured and unstructured activities, including free play, circle time, snack, gross motor play, and story time. Encouraging children’s natural curiosity, teachers facilitate hands-on experiential learning, honing learners’ fine motor skills and encouraging their natural curiosity. Children enjoy daily music, art, and movement activities, as well as opportunities to work in small groups on their emerging literacy and numeracy.
Our Preschool at a Glance
• Small class sizes
• Indoor play space and class trips to the park
• Emphasis on social-emotional growth
• Jewish life incorporated into holiday celebrations and Shabbat rituals every week
• Weekly music class with Music Specialist Joanie Leeds
• Strong exmissions program to help guide your family’s Kindergarten decisions
Preschool 2’s at a Glance
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
3’s to Pre-K at a Glance
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Friday dismissal is at 1:00 pm.
Building connections to community.
Our vibrant community and preschool here in Tribeca bring together educators, staff, and families for special moments. We keep Jewish tradition alive by creating spaces where children and their families can connect to their faith and culture.
How Families Stay Connected
• Class Coffee with ECC Director Rachel Mintz
• Family visits for Shabbat celebrations in class
• Community events for young learners and their families such as Tot Shabbat and holiday celebrations
• Online messages and classroom updates to parents from our teaching staff
Our Parents Association (PA) plays an active role in supporting both the life of the classroom and the community. The PA, including the Class Parents, facilitates family participation in the classroom, and supports teachers in organizing classroom visits, field trips, and in class family celebrations. Additionally, the PA shows appreciation for our dedicated teaching staff, organizes parent get-togethers outside of school, and facilitates family gatherings throughout the year.
The best way to learn more about our preschool is to contact us. We welcome calls and love to share information about our spectacular program and what makes JCP unique.
Our graduates attend ongoing public, independent, and Jewish schools. See our list of recent Kindergarten acceptances.